Making changes to you lifestyle takes planning and understanding that it is a process. Everyone has a goal when deciding to start a fitness program, be patient with yourself, change is not always easy.
1. Whole foods that provide fiber, vitamins, and minerals are your first choice to fill your plate.
2. Always know what you are eating. Where did it come from? What are the ingredients? What will it provide my body?
3. Food provides energy and is needed for all daily activities. Make sure to fuel your body 1-2 hours before your workout.
4. When working out, know the difference between discomfort and pain. Pain is a signal that tells your body not to do something. Discomfort is normal as it is called a ‘work’ out.
5. Overtraining is when you feel run down after a workout and experience chronic joint stiffness. Cause: performing too many sets per body part; not resting long enough between heavy workouts; not eating enough food; training beyond failure in every activity.
6. The pre-workout meal should be ingested 2-3 hours before the resistance exercise performance.
7. Always have 1 or 2 rest days to let your body recover. Sometimes less is more.
8. It takes 21 days to form a habit. Find what you like, enjoy what you eat, and enjoy your workout.
9. Check your attitude, evaluate your confidence and prepare yourself for excellence. Goal planning and understanding where your head is at is an essential step for physical readiness.
10. Own it! A healthy lifestyle is a personal journey; all of it is up to you!